A few suggestions on what to do after the Atlantic City Air Show today
Okay. You and your family came to see the fabulous Thunder Over the Boardwalk Atlantic City Air Show. Now as the show finishes, you are wondering, “What should we do next?
Here are a couple of great ideas:
1. You’re already up there, so take a rolling chair ride just like people have doing on the Atlantic City Boardwalk since 1884. And when the sun sets, check out Duality, the dazzling 3D light show that is presented every half hour from 9:30pm at Boardwalk Hall
2. Get a pizza or other Italian favorites at Tony’s Baltimore Grill, down the block from the Tropicana on Atlantic Ave. This is a classic locals joint that serves up a fabulous, crispy pie. The marinara sauce is also to die for, and is great with or without meatballs, on a nice bowl of spaghetti.
3. Go visit the Absecon Lighthouse. This historic structure at 31 Rhode Island Ave. is New Jersey’s tallest lighthouse and is a great chance to get in a cardio workout climbing to the top. Open 9am-5pm. Active military and kids under 4 are free. $7 adults; $4 kids.
4. Go explore Gardner’s Basin. Located at 800 N. New Hampshire Ave., this waterfront experience features the Atlantic City Aquarium, several excellent restaurants like the Back Bay Ale House and Scales Grill and Deck Bar. Or come back tomorrow and go on a cruise from Atlantic City Cruises, including a Dolphin Tour.
5. Go see a show. Rock of Ages opened this week at Caesars and this full scale Broadway style touring production features a great selection of hair metal classics from the 1980s and a delightful cast that will have you singing along and laughing at their rock & roll-inspired antics. Over at Harrah’s the kids will love Jabbawockeez, the dance crew that mixes mime and precision moves in a show that will delight everyone in your crew. If country music is your thing, the Golden Nugget has the fine tribute show Country Superstars and if death-defying acts are more your thing, stroll down to the Tropicana to see Nik Wallenda and the Wallenda Family Experience.
A comprehensive listing of entertainment coming to the Atlantic City casinos, Boardwalk Hall and Bader Field.
Parking tips, 2012 schedule, past years' highlights and more details for you to enjoy the 2012 Air Show.
Laughing with George Lopez
Fight Night at Boardwalk Hall
Rush to the Taj