Beyond the rodeo itself, Atlantic City is presenting a series of special attractions to celebrate the rodeo's arrival
When the rodeo comes to Atlantic City this weekend, there will be a citywide celebration beyond the three days of rodeo action at Boardwalk Hall. Here are the details.
• Wild Wild Walk Country Fair at Atlantic City Outlets The Walk, Michigan Ave., Saturday, April 2, 11am-5pm, featuring music, line dancing, a BBQ, a Chili Cook-Off sponsored by the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City, games, prizes, pony rides and a petting zoo. Get a free BBQ sandwich when you present your AC Boardwalk Rodeo ticket for any day. There will also be a chance to win tickets to see Alan Jackson April 30 at Trump Taj Mahal.
• The western-themed casino, Bally’s Wild Wild West, will be the premier destination for all things reminiscent of the American Frontier. From Friday to Sunday, April 1-3, guests can enjoy food and drink specials, a bull riding competition and plenty of live music. The casino is offering a multitude of food and beverage specials throughout the weekend, including $5 draft beers served in keepsake boot-shaped mug, $10 prairie fire buffet amd a hungry man’s breakfast buffet for $10.99 on Sunday at the Virginia City Buffet. Live music at the Main Stage kicks off at 10pm on Friday and 11pm on Saturday, complete with a bull riding competition and performances by The Vixens and Shorty the Sheriff all weekend. Guests are invited to test their skills in a bull riding competition and try their luck in any of the $50,000 Rodeo Sweeps, with prizes ranging from $500-$1,000. Bally’s is also offering a money-saving overnight package that will include one night’s stay in a deluxe hotel room, dinner for two at the acclaimed Virginia City Buffet and a round of drinks for two starting at $144 In addition, rodeo-themed food and beverage promotions will be available at all Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City’s hotels and casinos.
• As part of rodeo weekend, Caesars will feature food and beverage specials all weekend long at the Toga Bar such as Red Stag and Cola in boot glass for $9, Lone Star Long Necks for $5 and $6 Whiskey shooters. At Café Roma, a Tumbleweed steak salad is just $14.95 and a BBQ special consisting of a slab of ribs, Texas brisket, Bourbon-basted chicken and jalapeno cheddar cornbread is just $21.95.
• Caesars presents the Oak Ridge Boys live in concert on Saturday, April 2, 9pm. Just prior to hitting the stage at the Circus Maximus Theater, The Oak Ridge Boys will sing the National Anthem at the rodeo.
• Randy Travis headlines at Resorts Saturday, April 2, 10:30pm (timed to allow concertgoers to attend the rodeo that evening).
Resorts is also featuring special room rates:
• $199 Room Package on Friday, April 1 , which Includes overnight stay in the Ocean Tower and two tickets to the rodeo.
• $269 Room Package on Saturday, April 2 — Includes overnight stay in the Ocean Tower and two tickets to the rodeo.
• $99 Room Package on Sunday, April 3 — Includes overnight stay in the Ocean Tower and two tickets to the rodeo.
To celebrate the Atlantic City Boardwalk Rodeo April 1-3, Tropicana Casino & Resort is presents a Howdown weekend at the casino.
• Make Line Dance History - Friday, April 1 — Atlantic City is aiming to set a record for most line dancers on the Atlantic City Boardwalk on Friday, April 1, at noon in front of Boardwalk Hall. Visit here to view the Boardwalk Stomp dance steps and start practicing.
• Cowboy Up at the Rodeo Hoedown - Saturday, April 2, 1 to 5pm — Cowboy culture takes over The Quarter as Tropicana swaps its Latin vibe for country western spirit. The event is free and open to the public.
• Cozy up to a Cowboy (or Cowgirl): Take your photo with cowboy and cowgirl models.
• Fall in Step: Kick up your heels with a live DJ and line dancing at Central Plaza.
• Meet the Real Life Riders and Ropers: Get to know some genuine members of the Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association (PRCA) from 3-5pm.
Purchase your Rodeo Hoedown tickets for just $5 each at IMAX or the New Member Center. Each ticket will score you one of these rodeo-style favorites:
• Corky’s Ribs & BBQ: Nothing satisfies a cowboy’s appetite like a BBQ Pork Slider.
• Cuba Libre: Even south of the border, a rodeo fan can wrestle up some delicious chow like this Choripan Grilled Sausage Sandwich on a Cuban roll.
• Hooters: Lasso yourself ten of this eatery’s world-famous boneless wings.
• Red Square: For a rodeo chow with a Russian spin, dig into a serving of Beef Stroganoff
• Rí Rá Irish Pub: Just to prove Texas has nothing over Ireland in BBQ, Rí Rá offers its Pulled BBQ Beef Brisket on a Brioche Roll.
• The Palm: Meat becomes masterpiece with The Palm’s Pulled Chipotle BBQ Chicken Slider with Applewood Smoked Bacon and Arugula
• Firewaters: $5 Drafts – 50 Tap choices
• A Dam Good Sports Bar: Saddle up to the bar for 40 oz. drafts in your choice of Pabst Blue Ribbon or Miller High Life
• Carmine’s: Chow down on Carmine’s Spicy Carpariello Wings
Throughout The Quarter and Tropicana you’ll find plenty more Hoedown specials.
•Diamond Club: New card members score a $25 EZ Promo bonus at sign-up.
• FIN: Round up your friends for this western-style feast of Bourbon Barbeque Glazed 22-ounce Bone-In Ribeye, Creole Fries and Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread for $54.
• Hat Emporium: Save 20% on all Western Hats.
• IMAX Theatre: Get $2 off any movie ticket when you show your PRCA Rodeo Ticket Stub at the box office April 2 or 3.
• Jake’s Dog House: Get your dog a nose to tail cowboy look with 15% off all rope toys and bandanas.
• Planet Rose: Celebrate the rodeo with a selection of $5 drink specials and a special country-themed karaoke night featuring popular Nashville recording artist Ray Aaron as guest performer and host. Come sing your heart out and win great prizes like autographed T-shirts and CDs.
• Rumba Lounge and Tango’s Lounge: 12 oz. River Horse Beer or a glass of Purple Cowboy Tenacious Red wine for $4.
• Old Farmer’s Almanac: Receive 20% off the large collection of hand-painted ponies and horses.
• A Time For Wine: Purple Cowboy Wine will be on sale for $12. All other wines will be on sale from 15% to 30% off regular prices.
• Play Texas Hold ‘Em with a Real Cowboy: Deal yourself in on Tropicana’s Texas Hold ’Em Poker Tournament with a PRCA Cowboy. At 11pm on Saturday, April 2, the Trop Poker Room will play host to every cowboy’s favorite game of poker in this fast-paced tournament. See the Poker Room Manager for full details and restrictions.
• Win a Blue Ribbon Trip Sunday, April 3 — All Diamond Club members can present their player’s card at the Promotions Booth to collect their free entry into a drawing for a trip for two to the Las Vegas PRCA Rodeo on December 2, 2011, including airfare. Drawing will be held in the Palm Walk at 6pm on Sunday, April 3. Entries should be deposited in the Palm Walk Collection Drum by 5:30pm. Visit the Promotions Booth for full details and restrictions.
Resorts Casino Hotel
• If you’re looking for parking for the rodeo, here are the options. There is limited parking at Boardwalk Hall. There is parking at the various casino lots, with Trump Plaza and Caesars/Bally’s being the closest to Boardwalk Hall. You need a casino player’s card from these casinos for a discount on the price. The Atlantic City Outlets – The Walk has parking available at Baltic Ave., Ohio Ave., and Michigan Ave. On Pacific Ave., the Jitney buses run 24/7 to transport you throughout the city.
“This year we’re really focused on education. We believe that an educated boater is someone who’s going to find it more enjoyable and stay in the boating industry for a long time."
Atlantic City's boxing days are back and Atlantic City Weekly is proud to bring our readers a brand-new column by boxing guru Rob Scott. Here is the first installment of 'Boxing Notes: In the Ring with Rob Scott.'
Tropicana Casino & Resort has just reported: "That's ....
YOU COULD HEAR THE SURPRISE in Richard Sterban’s voice as he repeated the words slowly and carefully, as if trying to make sure he’d heard correctly. “You say there’s going to be a rodeo on the Boardwalk?” Sterban asked in almost incredulous tones. Sterban, the owner and operator of one of the deepest bass voices in the history of recorded music, had every reason to express a sense of disbelief. He’s been a member of the best-selling country music group the Oak Ridge Boys for nigh on 40 years. But Sterban, who grew up in Camden County, still has enough southern New Jersey blood to know the words “Boardwalk” and “rodeo” are...
Atlantic City, an urban gambling mecca by the sea, should be seeing a lot more cowboy hats and boots on visitors this weekend when the city becomes a magnet to draw both urban cowboys and better yet, the real deal, to town.
Laughing with George Lopez
Fight Night at Boardwalk Hall
Rush to the Taj