Presented by Caesars Entertainment, celebrity chefs include Robert Irvine, Rocco DiSpirito and the Neelys
It is never too early to plan for a fabulous foodie event. Caesars entertainment has announced some of the details for its annual Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival this summer, a massive celebration of food and spirits presented at Caesars' four Atlantic City properties over four days, Thursday, July 25 to Sunday, July 28.
The all-star roster of world famous chefs includes Food Network Stars Robert Irvine (Restaurant Impossible), Pat and Gina Neely (Down Home With the Neelys) and Rocco DiSpirito (star of the syndicated show Now Eat This! with Rocco Dispirito). Further announcements will be made in the coming weeks. Festival guests will have access to events at Caesars, Harrah’s Resort, Showboat and Bally’s, and this year, the beach.
“Tourism along the Jersey Shore and famed Atlantic City Boardwalk is alive and well and we’re thrilled to bring back the exciting Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival for its fifth anniversary celebration,” says Danny Brockdorf, Regional Vice President of Marketing for Caesars Entertainment. “Despite the challenges brought on by Hurricane Sandy last October, the Jersey Shore is as strong as ever and we are looking forward to attracting both new visitors and loyalists to Atlantic City for a weekend of amazing food, great wine and spirits and all-round Jersey fun.”
The 2013 festival will present an acclaimed roster of both local and national talent and authorities in the wine, beer and spirits industry.
Caesars Entertainment Total Rewards members will have the opportunity to purchase discounted tickets to all Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival events during the pre-sale dates, beginning Friday, Feb. 22 at 10am. The Early-Bird public pre-sale starts on Friday, March 1 at 10am with the full public on-sale for all events kicking off on Friday, March 8 at 10am.
Festival highlights include:
• The Grand Market: The signature event of the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival, featuring a wide selection of foods, wines, craft brews and liquors from world-renowned culinary masters. Purchase your favorite flavors while culinary demos by celebrity chefs provide you with tips to enhance your home dining experiences.
• Blues Brews & BBQ: Kick your feet up as BBQ vendors take over and cook up some the best ribs, chicken and brisket you’ve ever tasted.
• Beach Soirée: Enjoy an evening beachside party while savoring refreshing cocktails and gourmet passed appetizers. Live entertainment, dancing and fun will be a great way to end your day. Robert Irvine and The Neelys will host.
• Gospel Brunch: Visit the House of Blues for an inspiring gospel performance and an amazing buffet. The Neelys will be on hand to welcome you with a tasty hospitality and a hearty spread. While the choir performs, you can enjoy a delicious, traditional buffet featuring pecan caramel sticky buns, hickory-smoked bacon and sausage links, homemade biscuits and country gravy, homemade waffles, an omelet station, southern fried chicken, homemade macaroni and cheese, Creole chicken and shrimp jambalaya.
• Island Luau: Enjoy the world of hula dancers and flamethrowers while The Neelys host this island luau featuring their spin on some of your favorite Hawaiian treats. Throughout the event, you’ll be whisked away to a tropical oasis on the Harrah’s Resort Pool Deck.
Tickets for the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival will go on sale March 8, 2013 and can be purchased online at www.acfoodandwine.com, www.ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster at 800-736-1420.
(as of June 27)
Thurs. July 25
Kick Off Party, 8-11pm, Pool at Harrah's, $55
Friday, July 26
The Grand Market, Bally's Grand Ballroom, 6-10pm, $55
Chef’s in Kitchen: Robert Irvine, Arturo's at Bally's, 7-9pm, $150
Taco and Tequila, Dos Caminos at Harrah's Resort, 8-10pm, $90
Traditional fifth-anniversary presents are generally crafted from wood, strong and durable, but with a few notable culinary exceptions — like cinnamon, harvested from the inner bark of trees — hardly the stuff of good eating. Notable and new this year was an official announcement made on June 25 that the organization Architecture for Humanity, along with its “Restore the Shore” fund, would be the exclusive charity partner for the weekend-long celebration.
My day at the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival featured trips to the Blues, Brews and BBQ, the Crab Fest at Harry's Oyster Bar and a stroll through the Grand Market.
Culinary superstars are all aboard for annual Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival July 26-29
Atlantic City will be the center of the culinary world when the Food Network Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival, hosted by Harrah’s Entertainment, begins with the official kick-off party at the Chelsea Hotel Thursday, July 29. Not only is this an amazing event for people who love to eat great food and mingle with culinary superstars, it also raises money for the charity Susan G. Komen for the Cure Central & South Jersey.
Last year’s Atlantic City Food & Wine Festival was good enough to earn a reputation as one of the top such events on the east coast.