Besides the showcase event Nov. 10, there are also intimate demonstrations by the Borgata chefs on Nov. 9
Foodies anticipate yearly the exceptional dining event at Borgata known as Savor Borgata — An Evening with Borgata’s Culinary Masters. This year marks the fifth anniversary of this acclaimed culinary conclave of the casino’s top chefs.
Taking place at the Borgata Event Center, Saturday, Nov. 10, each restaurant will be represented with their own culinary station, offering guests the exclusive opportunity to interact with Bobby Flay (Bobby Flay Steak), Stephen Kalt (Fornelletto Cucina & Wine Bar), Michael Mina (SeaBlue, A Michael Mina Restaurant), Michael Schulson (Izakaya, A Modern Japanese Pub), Wolfgang Puck (Wolfgang Puck American Grille), Geoffrey Zakarian (The Water Club), restaurateurs Greg and Marc Sherry (Old Homestead Steak House), and Borgata’s Executive Pastry Chef, Thaddeus DuBois, while sampling each chef’s unique approach to the culinary arts. The event, hosted by culinary emcee Billy Harris, will offer a variety of wine, beer, and spirits from across the globe.
Tickets for Savor Borgata, priced at $125 per person, are on sale now. The event takes place from 8-10pm.
“We are so excited to be celebrating the fifth year of Savor Borgata,” says Joe Lupo, Senior Vice President of Operations for Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. “Since its inception, Borgata has been committed to providing the market with innovative dining experiences and Savor Borgata is a great example of that commitment. It’s a rare opportunity to mix and mingle with some of the world’s most celebrated chefs, and even more so to do it all in one night. This year, we’re thrilled to expand Savor into a complete program of events that includes interactive cooking demos, tastings, and specially priced restaurant menus all week leading up to the main event.”
For the first time in Savor’s history, Borgata will present a program of unique events that celebrates the individual talent of each participating chef.
These events are:
Friday, Nov. 9
• Absolutely Fabulous ($55) in The Sunroom lounge of the hotel at 6pm, with The Water Club’s Culinary Lifestyle Consultant, Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. Enjoy a four-course tasting of Zakarian’s small bites, paired with Absolut cocktails.
• Sushi & Sake with Schulson ($39) at 7pm. Michael Schulson, will host at his Izakaya Modern Japanese Pub, where he will demonstrate just how easy sushi-making can be in an interactive setting.
Saturday, Nov. 10
• Live with Bobby Flay ($35), at 1pm, Music Box. Flay shares tips and techniques while cooking his favorites.
• Whiskey Sips & Sliders at Long Bar ($29), at 1pm at the Long Bar. BJack Daniel’s Brand Ambassador, Ana Kornegay, leads them through pairings with a variety of sliders that showcase Jack’s barbeque recipes.
• Mad About Meatballs ($39), at 2pm, at the kitchen of Fornelletto Cucina & Wine Bar with Chef/Partner, Stephen Kalt.
• Sweet Surrender, ($39) at 2pm, Event Center, with Chef Thaddeus DuBois, who oversees the pastry production for both the Borgata and Water Club hotels. A lesson on how to perfect the pastry world’s hottest new trend: cake pops.
• Tequila & Tacos at Gypsy Bar ($29), at 2pm, invites guests to join Espolón Tequila Master Distiller l explore the ingredients behind this 100% Blue Agave premium tequila, accompanied by four tempting tacos.
• In the Kitchen with Wolfgang Puck ($35) at 3pm at the Music Box. Puck will share the tips and techniques while making favorite recipes.
• Wine Seminar ($39) at 3pm, Borgata Water Club. Oenophiles can take their taste buds on a journey through Francis Ford Coppola’s winery with its Director of Winemaking and General Manager, Corey Beck.
In addition, Savor Borgata Restaurant Week will return for the second year, starting Sunday, Nov. 4 through Friday, Nov. 9. Throughout the week, Borgata will offer three-course tasting menus, starting from $39, at Wolfgang Puck American Grille, Seablue – A Michael Mina Restaurant, Fornelletto Cucina & Wine Bar, Izakaya – A Modern Japanese Pub, Bobby Flay Steak, and Old Homestead Steak House.
Savor Borgata hotel packages are also available for Saturday, Nov. 10. Starting from $559, the package includes an overnight stay in a Classic Room and two tickets to the main event. Tickets can be purchased at the Web site or by calling 1-866-900-4TIX (4849). For room reservations and Savor Borgata package information, call 317-1000.
Follow Us on Twitter @ACWeekly
“A lot of girls come in and go bonkers over our drinks, and [Mondays] have become known as a day for them to stop by, have a little sushi and a pre-club drink, then go to mur.mur for free."
"That serving, the most complex execution of any on this night, was a combination of grilled American Kobe beef, Armenian lamb kabobs and ricotta gnocchi with shrimp. "
Fifth annual Savor Borgata Event features an expanded menu including cooking demonstrations by superstar chefs Wolfgang Puck, Bobby Flay.
Getting in touch with Anthony Amoroso isn’t the easiest thing to do. Which is understandable, considering the corporate executive chef of four Caesars Entertainment-based restaurants — Atlantic Grill, Bill’s Burger Bar, Sammy D’s and Dos Caminos — has been rather busy lately.
Among all of the fabulous food, drink and desserts, one of the coolest moves of the night was Chef Romeo DiBona, of the Old Homestead Steak House — which was just named by Zagat the best restaurant in Atlantic City — serving a modest but ultra-yummy American Kobe Beef Hot Dog with ...
This is the first year the Borgata is blending an "outside" chef into the mix. It is also the first-year that the Borgata will preface the Nov. 12 celebration with a Savor Borgata Restaurant Week, which will run from Sunday, Nov. 6 to Friday, Nov. 11.
It only makes sense that several of chef Michael Mina’s restaurant properties — most notably SeaBlue at the Borgata here in Atlantic City and StripSteak in Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay — are located within sprawling casino complexes.
The evening’s longest lines, throughout the event, belonged to Austrian-born, California-based Wolfgang Puck. Snaking almost halfway across the spacious room, we wondered why? Obtaining visual range, things became clearer ...
Food For Thought: It's Bacon Week!
Strolling The DO AC Wine Promenade
Taste of Revel Returns
Restaurant Week Redux
Gala Gourmet at Atlantic-Cape