1. They’re one of the new kids on the block. Before we know it, Egg Harbor City is going to be the place to be. First, there were cupcakes with the arrival of Simply Sweet Cupcakes. Then there was Leatherhead Pub. And now there’s Crossroads, a community-centric, gastro-pub inspired bar and grill, complete with good food, good music and good drinks. Philadelphia Avenue never looked so good.
2. It is owned by old friends. While Crossroads opened in November 2016, the owners of Crossroads — Nick Da’Lessandro and Chris Georgio — are lifelong friends, having grown up together in Ventnor. Both sons of restaurant owners, the two bring their own histories — Da’Lessandro is the bar expert, Georgio is the kitchen pro — to their first business together.
New Jersey is the birthplace of the American filmmaking industry — or so the Garden State Fi…
3. They know how to make a burger. Lots of places have burgers. Lots of places do not have a “Brunch Burger” topped with pork roll, tater tots, a sunny side up egg, smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and maple sriracha aioli. Nor do they have a “911 Burger” topped with mac ‘n cheese bites, mozzarella sticks, smoked bacon, jalapenos, sharp cheddar cheese and Chipotle drizzle.
4. They mix cocktails with candy. Really. If a well-mixed cocktail isn’t enough, Crossroads sweetens the deal with some of classic candy. Try the Yummy Gummy with Skyy Strawberry, cranberry, 7UP and gummy worms; or the Starberry with Bacardi Dragonberry, cranberry, 7UP, muddled strawberries and Starburst. Talk about drinking your dessert.
5. They’re ready for summer. You may not notice the outside patio in the middle of winter, but it’s there, waiting for the warm days of spring. With an outdoor patio space and bar, be sure to add Crossroads to your summer bucket list.
6. They’re into activities. In addition to a weekly Wednesday quizzo, Crossroads has live music every weekend, free of cover charge. Get there this Thursday, March 30, for a Tap Takeover with Southern Tier, as well as music by 7 Stone Duo. On Friday, March 31, Either Way is playing, and on Saturday, April 1, it’s the SusanJane Duo. Shows are at 7 p.m.