1. They make a mean burger. One of our picks for the top burger in South Jersey can be found right here at the Dubliner. The somewhat oddly titled sweet chili burger is stuffed with cheese, battered and deep fried, then gets a swipe of sweet chili sauce (hardly the most notable thing about the burger). Misleading name or not, it’s absolutely delicious and totally one-of-a kind.
2. You can sing as loud as you like. Saturday nights at Dubliner feature karaoke. Beginning each week at 9:30 p.m., the real fun here comes from the unpredictability of what will come next. This past Saturday a man sang an impassioned rendition of Rod Stewart’s “Have I Told You Lately” as a touching tribute to his elderly wife. She returned the favor by hopping onstage and singing Kesha’s “Blow.” A comical pairing to say the least.
3. It may be your best late - night bet. Galloway restaurants have a tendency to close inexplicably early, even on weekends (we recently were greeted with a pair of locked doors at W.L. Goodfellows at 10:43 p.m. on a Saturday night). Luckily, the Dubliner keeps the suds flowing till midnight or later each night, with the kitchen staying open as well, just in case those late night cravings should strike.
4. They have some sweet deals. For those of you who get a kick out of finding great deals, the Dubliner makes for a incredible great addition to your list of well-priced spots. Tuesdays feature $1 tacos, and on Wednesday nights wings can be had for just 49 cents each. In addition to that, there is a happy hour which runs Mondays through Fridays from 4 to 7 p.m. and offers up apps for $5 and under, $2 domestic drafts, $4.75 Guinness pints and $5 Long Island iced teas, Margaritas and shots of Jameson.
5. It’s about as close to Ireland as Galloway gets. Yeah yeah it’s a bar in a strip mall and all, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s still one of the few places in the area you can go and get a fresh pint of Guinness while you listen to the sounds of the emerald isle. That’s because on the first Friday of every month the Dubliner features live Irish music from 6 to 9 p.m. What better way to get a merry start to your weekend?
PUB AND GRILL
WHERE: 325 Jimmie Leeds Road, Galloway
WHEN: Open daily from 11:45 a.m. till midnight or later.
WHO: Managed by Al Grosso