1. It’s southern comfort right in A.C. Atlantic City abounds in highfalutin restaurants and classy bars. But for those who want to relax and get their hands a little greasy, there’s Kelsey’s, serving up authentic comfort food like southern fried chicken and waffles, fried whiting or catfish, slow-smoked ribs and, of course, southern fried chicken. The menu isn’t extensive, but those with a hankering for soul food will leave happy.
2. The food is better with a drink. Kelsey’s happy hour sits right in the dinner sweet spot, from 4 to 7 p.m. Toss a few back and take advantage of $2 drafts, $5 select martinis, $5 select well drinks, $3 well shots and half-price select appetizers.
Atlantic City is about to shed its winter coat and get the parties started. The unofficial s…
3. The weekends rock. Head to Kelsey’s on a Friday or Saturday night and you’ll likely find a live band or musician playing. Coming up, Angela Burton will perform 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 26, with Tia McNeil playing 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 27.
4. It has a homey weekend brunch. More than just mimosas and muffins, this is not your mother’s brunch. Hefty comfort foods like shrimp and grits, chicken and waffles and a pancake station will satisfy your stomach and your soul. Brunch runs 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
5. It has siblings. Owners Kelsey and Kimberly Jackson have spread the love throughout South Jersey with restaurants like Kelsey & Kim’s Soul Food & BBQ in Pleasantville and Kelsey & Kim’s Southern Café in A.C. In fact, Kelsey’s is the newest of the three, so if it floats your proverbial boat, try out the other two.