1. Monday. Start off your week with a good ol’ karaoke session at JD’s Pub & Grill. Hosted by Troy David, this opportunity to show off your vocal chops starts at 10 p.m., with the pub closing at 3 a.m. Or, if the pub scene isn’t for you, check out Bar Star at the Mays Landing Applebee’s on Mondays at 9 p.m. JD’s is located at Route 9 and Smithville Blvd., Galloway. Go to JDsPubSmithville.com for more information. Applebee’s Mays Landing is located at 700 Consumer Square, Mays Landing. Find Applebee’s Mays Landing on Facebook.
It’s hard to ignore the collective groan that ripples across the nation when pumpkin product…
2. Tuesday. Grab the mic and treat the crowd to your favorite tunes 8 p.m. to midnight at Clancy’s By the Bay, where Lori Kelly serves as host. Hi Point Pub also offers Tuesday karaoke at 9 p.m. Clancy’s is located at 101 E. Maryland Ave., Somers Point. Go to SomersPoint.ClancysRestaurantGroup.com for more. Hi Point Pub is located at 5 N. Shore Road, Absecon. Go to Hi Point Pub on Facebook.
3. Wednesday. Head to Absecon’s Black Cat Bar & Grill for hump day karaoke with Mike Maggio at 8 p.m. For a venue that’s a bit more family friendly, check out Brick House Pub & Grille’s Wednesday karaoke, hosted by DJ Michael Jams, beginning at 8 p.m. Black Cat is located at 1 N. Shore Road, Absecon. Go to Black Cat Bar & Grill on Facebook. Brick House is located at 4450 E. Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing. Go to BrickHouseNJ.com for more.
4. Thursday. Pubs and bars are, of course, great spots for karaoke, but not the best places for your more emotional, indie ballads. Coffee shops, on the other hand, offer the perfect environment to bust out your rendition of “Wonder Wall.” For this, we recommend checking out karaoke night at Enlightened Café 5 to 7 p.m. on Thursdays. Located at 6414 Ventnor Ave., Ventnor City. Go to Enlightened Café at Facebook.
The art of short-film making is alive and well, and Asbury Shorts USA seeks to ensure that audiences continue to enjoy some of the world’s bes…
5. Friday (and Sunday). Planet Rose at Tropicana is the only bar in the area that caters exclusively to karaoke every day of the week. So, while it serves as our spot to hit on Fridays and Sundays, you can rest assured that Planet Rose will have the mic warmed up for you any day you care to stop by, with a massive selection of songs to choose from. Open 8 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 9 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. Sundays through Thursdays. Located at 2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City. Go to Tropicana.net for info.
6. Saturday. The weekend is the perfect time to let loose with some karaoke. On Saturdays, check out St. George’s Pub for karaoke with Mike Maggio at 8 p.m., or Christi’s Bar & Grill for another karaoke session at 10 p.m. St. George’s Pub is located at 4282 Harbor Beach Blvd., Brigantine. Find the pub on Facebook for info. Christi’s Bar & Grill is located at 6415 Delilah Road, Egg Harbor Township. Find Christi’s on Facebook for more.