1. It’s a college hangout. Just a few minutes from Richard Stockton University, Pitney Pub has become somewhat of a college hangout — given you’re 21, of course. The Pub’s “Wild Wednesdays” cater specifically to the collegiate crowd with DJs and drink specials all night, like $4 green tea shots, fireball shots and apple whiskey shots, and $10 domestic beer pitchers.
Baby chicks and little bunnies are everywhere, which can only mean Easter is near and your f…
2. It has more than standard pub fare. Pitney Pub offers an extensive menu that spans continents when it comes to flavor. Dishes like Pitney Curry ($17), seafood paella ($20), falafels ($12) and the Rodeo Burger ($10) with bacon, onion rings, BBQ sauce, cheddar and Texas toast, put Pitney Pub a head above other bars that stick to basic American fare.
3. There’s live entertainment on the weekends. Head there on a Friday or Saturday night and you’ll most likely catch some local talent entertaining the crowd. Coming up, Dead Reckoning, the Grateful Dead tribute act, will perform 8:30 p.m. Saturday, April 15.
4. Save money at a themed night. Looking to save a buck? Pitney Pub has wallet-friendly themed nights every week. Mexican Mondays feature $1 tacos, tostadas and empanadas, $2 tamales and chimichangas, and $3 burritos and Dos Equis. Wing Day Tuesdays mean 50-cent wings and $3 drafts of Bud Light, while on Taco Thursday it’s all about the $1 tacos and $3 Dos Equis.
Like most Fat Boys, we at the Fat Boy Munch Club enjoy a variety of food. That’s why oftenti…
5. Their classic cocktails have fruity flair. Among the most popular drinks at Pitney Pub are their margaritas and mason jars — which often can be filled up for just $5 if you happen to hit the Pub during a special. While the standards take center stage, Pitney Pub’s flavorful martinis are also popular, with options like caramel apple and banana.