This season is about a lot of things — family ... traditions ... food. But let’s not kid ourselves, the best thing about the holidays is, and has always been, getting presents! And while it’s always fun to have someone hand you a gift, there’s an extra bit of excitement involved when a package shows up at your door.
For me? What could it be? Who sent it?
The sense of mystery adds to the fun. Below, we have compiled a list of some great spots in South Jersey that will ship their goods directly to the folks on your holiday list.
The holidays are a great time to catch up with friends, share a meal and enjoy a cocktail — or two.
1. Got an Italian (or a lover of all things Italian) on your list this year? The Marketplace at Borgata is your friend this holiday season. Stocked to the rafters with artisan cheeses and charcuterie, olive oils, vinegars, sauces and more, The Marketplace provides some of the best one-stop shopping in all of South Jersey. Browse around their cheese cave — which features 135 varieties — until you find the perfect one. Don’t feel like doing all the work? Pre-made baskets are available, as well. The Marketplace is located at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, 1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City. For more info go to TheMarketplaceEatery.com.
2. With the endless piles of comfort food that have become synonymous with most holidays, some fresh fruits can be a welcome change of pace. Luckily, BF Mazzeo in Northfield puts together some of the most mouth-wateringly healthy fruit baskets around and has been since they opened up shop way back in 1965. A Mazzeo basket makes the perfect holiday gift to send to that someone in your life who may be watching their waistline. BF Mazzeo is located at 601 New Road in Northfield. Call 609-641-6608 or go to BFMazzeo.com.
3. So, some poor soul has moved away from the glorious white sandy beaches of Southern New Jersey and maybe is feeling a little homesick this holiday season? White House Subs to the rescue! Yup, they ship their awesome sandwiches across the country. And really, is there a better reminder of back home than one of these delicious creations? We think not. White House Sub Shop is located at 2301 Arctic Ave., Atlantic City. Go to WhiteHouseSubShop.net or call 609-345-1564.
Few things spread holiday cheer better than a sweet treat.
4. While we are being nostalgic for Atlantic City classics, who can resist a fresh batch of goodies from Fralinger’s Salt Water Taffy? This boardwalk classic conjures up memories of childhood, the boardwalk and good times. And besides that, it’s sweet, it’s gooey and it’s available for shipping. Done and done. Fralinger’s is located at 1519 Boardwalk in Atlantic City Call 609-344-1519 or go to Fralingers.com.
5. If taffy makes the list here, fudge can’t be far behind. But not just any fudge — Shriver’s Fudge. This Ocean City classic is rich and decadent, and sending a box or two is a perfect way to get your name moved to the top of someone’s holiday list. Shriver’s is located at 852 Boardwalk in Ocean City. Call 609-399-0100 or go to Shrivers.com.