1. HQ2. Before Revel’s demise, HQ was one of the most popular clubs in Atlantic City. And now it’s back. Combining both daylife and nightlife (referred to as the Beachclub and the Nightclub respectively), this space now known as HQ2 is a dream come true for fans of dance, hip-hop and EDM. Expect world class DJs and all the revelry you remember from 2014. This weekend they open strong at the Nightclub on Friday, June 29, with Diplo. Saturday, June 30, features Kaskade at the Beachclub and Jermaine Dupri at the Nightclub while Sunnery James and Ryan Marciano take over the Beachclub Sunday, July 1. Fans of ’90s-basketball-stars-turned-DJs will want to head to the Beachclub on Saturday, July 14, when legendary NBA superstar Shaquille O’Neal makes an appearance as part of his “Summer of SHAQ” tour.
2. Royal Jelly. The brainchild of Ivan Kane, Royal Jelly is a burlesque-themed nightclub. Another space returning from the glory days of Revel, Royal Jelly’s comeback has fans more excited than ever. Kane’s former club at Tropicana, Kiss Kiss, is still operating, but without his name attached to it making Royal Jelly his only official spot in town.
3. Daer. Pronounced “dare,” this intimate space next to Sound Waves is Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City’s premier spot for after parties and exclusive gatherings. This weekend's lineup starts Thursday, June 28, with Michael B. Jordan and Mel Debarge, Friday, June 29, Tiesto will perform and Saturday, June 30, Scott Disick, Ludacris and TJR will be onstage. So what does the suggestively misspelled name mean? Truth is we have no idea. You’ll just have to come in and find out — if you dare ...
4. Plum. It doesn’t get much more exclusive than Plum. Hard Rock’s invite-only VIP lounge, Plum boasts top-shelf spirits and a variety of small plates in a cozy setting. Can you get in? Probably not, but that’s part of the fun.
5. Scores. If you haven’t heard of Scores, shame on you, as it is easily the most recognizable name of any gentlemen’s club in the country. Rising dramatically from the ashes of Taj Mahal like a partially nude dancer on a metal pole, this massive space at Hard Rock includes a futuristic gentlemen’s club, a sports bar, a high-roller lounge, VIP areas and more girls than ever all under one roof. The grand opening event on June 28 will feature appearances by reality TV stars Drita D’Avanzo and Farrah Abraham with music by DJ Skribble and DJ Reach.