1. Hard Rock Cafe. Enjoy some of Hard Rock Cafe’s famous burgers while viewing the show in the sky at Hard Rock’s airshow party. The restaurant has reserved its boardwalk patio for the event, taking place 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 609-441-0007 to reserve your seat. Hard Rock is located at 1000 Boardwalk at Pennsylvania Avenue, Atlantic City. Go to HardRock.com for more info.
2. Steel Pier. Viewing the airshow from the Steel Pier will literally put you under the action, as no other spot in Atlantic City juts so far out into the ocean. Beginning at 11 a.m. the Steel Pier will be the host of a private viewing party, with box lunches and designated seating, run by Resorts’ Buses and Motor Coaches. Call 609-344-600 for more information on the private party. At 3 p.m., however, the Pier opens to the public, so anyone can grab some standing space and see the show. For guaranteed seating, call ahead to make a reservation at the Ocean Reef Bar & Grill on the pier. Located at 1000 Boardwalk, Atlantic City. For more info call 866-386-6659 or go to SteelPier.com
Who doesn’t love death defying acts? Seemingly no one, because for the last 14 years folks f…
3. LandShark Bar & Grill. Though nothing official is going on at LandShark, you can rent a cabana on the beach and hold your own viewing party from there. The cabanas suit about 10 people and have access to bottle service and food items from LandShark. Get four hours of cabana access for $150. Located at 1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City. Go to AtlanticCity.LandSharkBarAndGrill.com for more.
4. Boardwalk Hall. To really make the most of the airshow, head to Boardwalk Hall for its VIP Watch Party, held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the second story loggia. Tickets are $125 and include a free parking spot per purchase order, lunch provided by Carmine’s and access to audio to go along with the airshow events. Located at 2301 Boardwalk, Atlantic City. Go to BoardwalkHall.com for more information.
5. Bellevue Avenue. Join the “Flight Line Club” for premium viewing with a lower price tag than Boardwalk Hall’s VIP party. For $50 (kids under 4 are free), enjoy seating in a private beach area located off of Bellevue Avenue, club house tents with tables and chairs, narration during the events, an all-you-can-eat lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., water and soft drinks available all day and on-site restrooms. Located at Bellevue Ave. and the Boardwalk, Atlantic City. Go to Airshow.ACChamber.com.
6. Tropicana. The deck at Olon, the new Jose Garces concept at Tropicana, is one of the many great spots to view the airshow. That day, Olon will serve a $30 lunch special with aviator cocktails and beer specials available. Be sure to call ahead for reservations, as seating is limited. Located at 2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City. Go to Tropicana.net for more info.
7. Pier AC. Fortunately for airshow enthusiasts, Pier AC just opened this month, giving them another perfect spot to see the show. Even better, Pier AC will offer a special VIP section with ocean-side seating, unlimited water and soft drinks and a $10 lunch voucher included. The pier will also be open to the public for those without VIP tickets. Tickets are $25 for the VIP section. Located at 600 Boardwalk, Atlantic City. Go to PierAtlanticCity.com.
8. Others. There are several beach bars along the shore that will also make for picturesque spots to see the airshow. Here are our suggestions: Worship Surf Bar (801 Boardwalk; find on Facebook), Bungalow Beach Bar (2641 Boardwalk; BungalowBeachAC.com), Wonder Bar (3701 Sunset Ave.; WonderBarACNJ.com), Bally’s Bikini Beach Bar (1900 Boardwalk; Caesars.com) and The Playground (1 Atlantic Ocean; PlaygroundPierAC.com).