1. It’s a summer hot spot. A great way to take advantage of the summer is by spending as much time at South Jersey’s many local beach bars as possible. And as far as beach bars go, Laguna Grill & Rum Bar is top notch. Look for it among the palm trees at 14th Street South beach in Brigantine.
2. Big musical acts are coming up. Laguna will offer some of the best live music in the area this summer, with national acts coming in to entertain. Check out performances by the likes of The Wailers on July 12, Fuel on July 16 and Soul Asylum & Cracker on July 25. Coming up, head to the Wailing Souls show 6 p.m. Thursday, July 6.
Q. I heard about a new blackjack game where you play three hands at once. Do you know it?
3. The cocktail menu is a tropical paradise. Enjoy the beach views while sipping on one of Laguna’s summer-ready cocktails — many of them rum-based, as the bar’s name suggests. Drinks include the Laguna Mojito Grande with Bayou Silver rum, fresh mint, lime juice with agave and a splash of soda; the Da’ Painkiller with dark rum, pineapple and orange juices, cream of coconut and grated nutmeg; and the Rum Bar Rum Runner with light and dark rums with banana and blackberry liqueurs, real fruit juices and a bit of grenadine.
No summer is complete without a little reggae, so bring the friends to Luguna Grill & Ru…
4. Beer is served by the bucket. The cocktail menu is complemented by a full list of wines and beers. Draught beers at Laguna include Goose Island, Bud Light, Stella Artois and Shock Top. However, you can also get a “Bucket o’ Beer” — a full bucket of ice stuffed with bottles like Bud Light, Dos Equis, Yuengling and Rolling Rock.
In the past, the Chicken Bone Beach Historical Foundation hosted an outdoor-only concert ser…
5. Check out the seafood. At Laguna, you’ll find more seafood on the menu than anything else. Starters like mussels and fries and skewered scallops; a seafood bar with half shell top neck clams, u-peel shrimp and crab cocktail; and fresh catches like ahi tuna and mahi mahi all make the cut.